A story of two successful business owners: Drew and Jim.
Both run great companies, but Drew’s business seems to operate just a little smoother. Business appears to be simpler for Drew and he tends have very few problems, less stress and his clients are happy. Drew devotes a lot of time to improving and growing his business, but also manages to balance it with his lifestyle.
Jim also has very happy clients too, but often gets overwhelmed with the every day grind. He finds himself spending most of his days taking care of urgent tasks and emergencies. Jim’s stress level is apparent and he doesn’t seem to find much time to work on the things he’d like or enjoy his lifestyle.
Which one of these stories sound like you? In today’s episode, I’m talking about the benefits of being a proactive business professional (like Drew) vs. a reactive business professional (like Jim). If you’re going to build a good business, don’t you want it to be one that doesn’t suck the life out of you? Take a listen at how you can make that shift to become more proactive in your business!
Key takeaways from this episode:
- Story of two of my business owner friends: Drew who is a proactive business owner and Jim who is a reactive business owner. How does that affect each of their businesses?
- The characteristics for each type of business professional: both proactive and reactive.
- The benefits of running your business proactively.
- How to make the shift from being a reactive business professional to a proactive business professional.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
“Scheduling Your Day Like a Pro.” Learn to become highly efficient and highly proactive in your business with my online course in time management and productivity! YES, I’D LIKE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS! » »
Join other like-minded, proactive business professionals!
- Get in on the conversation: Follow along with me on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn as we have great business discussions!
- Join my email community of business professionals: My email Community is a prosperous group of business professionals that engage, share and aspire to continuously improve their business and life.
- Subscribe to The Business Life podcast on iTunes [⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I would love a review as well]!