“SHOP LOCAL!” is a big deal for my wife and I. As business owners, we understand the importance of supporting as many locally-owned businesses as possible. Thus, we’re always on the lookout for great Kansas City companies and brands. So, when Lauren asked me, “hey, did you see that new distillery opening up in the East Bottoms?,” I had to check it out. What a find! Not only is J. Rieger & Co. opening a new distillery, they have renovated an old building which used to be a bottling facility for The Heim Brewery! How neat is that?
After following J. Rieger & Co. on Instagram, I started to learn a little about the history of company. Originally founded in 1887, the whisky brand was forced to shut down due to prohibition in 1919. Nearly a century later, the brand has been resurrected and history is being restored to the Kansas City area via their incredible new distillery.
Take a listen as I interview Ryan Maybee, one of the co-founders of the company, to hear the fascinating story of J. Rieger & Co.!
- Make a date to visit their new facility which opens July 12th, 2019! https://www.facebook.com/events/1146824242190800/
- J. Rieger & Co. Instagram (@jriegerco)
- J. Rieger & Co. on Facebook
- J. Rieger & Co. website
- The history of J. Rieger & Co., where it started, how it was resurrected nearly 100 . years later.
- The incredible story of how a descendent of Jacob Rieger, original founder of the company, became involved in helping rebuild the brand
- Details of the new J. Rieger and Co. distillery in the East Bottom district of Kansas City, MO
- The history of the East Bottoms district, Electric Park and the old Heim Brewery bottling facility which is now the J. Rieger & Co. distillery
LOVING THE BUSINESS LIFE PODCAST?!
Leave a rating or review! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
SAY “HI” ONLINE! I enjoy connecting with like-minded business owners and sharing our passion for business. Connect with me through social media and be sure to say “hello!”