My guest Dean Shackley (@deanshackley) and I share something special in common: we were both born with the same serious, congenital heart defect. Recently, Dean has been experiencing some issues with his condition and is scheduled to undergo open-heart surgery the day after Thanksgiving (2019) to replace one of his valves. But, that has not stopped him from helping others through him and his wife’s, Kelsey (@kelseyshackley), business! As you’ll hear in the episode, Dean and Kelsey have created a very successful business that allows them to not only work from home, but use their passion and story to inspire others to live a better, fuller life.
Take a listen above to learn how Dean is making a positive difference in the lives of many, even through his own challenges!
- How Dean and I met by chance (more like God connecting us) and the story behind our common congenital heart defect [0:43]
- The story of Dean and Kelsey’s business, how they got started and how they were able to quite their full-time corporate jobs [6:22]
- Challenges of working from home as a husband-wife business with three kids [18:21]
- How Dean and Kelsey are able to create incredible changes in other people’s lives through their business without being ‘salesy’ [24:31]
- The challenges Dean has faced in both business and life due to his congenital heart condition [26:13]
- Dean’s advice for anyone going through a difficult challenge or health condition, and how to make the most of it to help and inspire others [32:08]
- Where to follow Dean and Kelsey Shackley [42:44]
KNOW SOMEONE WHO NEEDS TO HEAR DEAN’S MESSAGE?
- Follow along with Dean (@deanshackley) and Kelsey (@kelseyshackley) on Instagram for inspiration, to learn about their business and to say up-to-date on Dean’s progress. Be sure to message Dean about how you can support the American Heart Association with a #ShackleyStrong t-shirt!
- Share this episode with a friend or someone you know who’s going through a tough time: 👉 https://andrewheim.biz/shackleystrong
- Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts: 👉 YEAH, I can do that!
- Pssst..subscribe while you’re there too!
- Follow along with me: 👉 Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Instagram