NOT YOUR AVERAGE AIRBNB
Interview w/Kelsey Duda, Northern Michigan Airbnb Owner
THE BUSINESS LIFE EPISODE #56
When Lauren and I travelled to Northern Michigan for an anniversary getaway, the scenery was beautiful and there was so much to do! What made the trip, though, was the Airbnb we rented from my guest on the podcast today, Kelsey. Kelsey has found a niche running successful luxury Airbnbs, and in this episode, she talks all about the ins and outs of what it takes to do it. Listen in and be sure to follow along with Kelsey’s newest Airbnb, Fernhaus (see listing), on Instagram (@_fernhaus)
HERE ARE HIGHLIGHTS
- [1:00] Lauren and I’s anniversary trip to Northern Michigan and the struggle to find a nice Airbnb to stay at.
- [3:40] How Kelsey got into the Airbnb business, and how it actually led to her new full-time position as an interior designer.
- [7:25] How Kelsey has honed in on the niche of luxury Airbnbs, and how it has paid off for her.
- [12:40] What Kelsey has learned from running one successful Airbnb as she opens her newest Airbnb.
- [16:28] The ins and outs of the business side of running an Airbnb.
- [23:00] Kelsey’s new Airbnb, Fernhaus (see listing and Instagram @_fernhaus), all the luxury amenities and how she specifically designed it to function more as a vacation rental vs. a normal home.
LIKE THIS EPISODE?
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST!
Subscribe to my email community of entrepreneurs and business owners to get the latest podcast episodes delivered to your inbox, along with exclusive business resources and notifications of upcoming webinars!